M50 grade of concrete is mostly used for high rise buildings or structures under dynamic loading. It is very important that a civil engineer should know how to design the concrete mix .Understanding the M50 mix and grasping the variation of the parameter will help you to realize the uncertainty involved in concrete mix design. Here you will learn to design this through our concrete mix design application and also to apply this knowledge to your university course or at site in practical situations. The Concrete Mix Design calculator app will help you quickly grasp the concept of mix design as it is effortless to use and has an excellent graphical interface. Here you can go a step further by varying the parameters and analyzing the effect in design to get a in depth knowledge.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn:
- What M-50 means?
- Important steps involved in the design.
- How to effectively set different parameter to get efficient design?
To get most out of this tutorial, you should know characteristic strength, MSA, Moisture content, Specific gravity, Dry volume. Having some understanding of these concepts will greatly help you understand the new ones you’ll be exploring in this tutorial.
Check this post to understand the detailed procedure of concrete mix design.
The different design stipulations required for the desired mix are shown in the table below:
|Stipulations for proportioning|
|Type of Concrete||RCC|
|Shape of Particle||Angular|
|Water- Cement Ratio||0.39|
|Degree of Supervision||Good|
The different experiemental data required for the desiered mix are shown in the table below:
|Fine Aggregate||Zone 2|
|Coarse Aggregate||20 mm|
|Volume ( By mass of cement)||2%|
|Water Content Reduction||Zero|
|Test data for materials|
|Specific Gravity of Fine Aggregate||2.65|
|Specific Gravity of Coarse Aggregate||2.62|
|Specific Gravity of Cement||3.15|
|Specific Gravity of Admixture||1.145|
|Water absorption of Fine Aggregate||1.0 %|
|Water absorption of Coarse Aggregate||0.5%|
|Free Surface Moisture of Fine Aggregate||Zero|
|Free Surface Moisture of Coarse Aggregate||Zero|
Steps for concrete mix design using the concrete mix design calculator
Step 1: Download the application from play store and install it. Once you are done with the installation, open the application and select the first option “Design mix” -to design a concrete mix as per IS 10262:2009.
Step 2: Check the details of each entity by just clicking on it. For example if you want to know more about the type of concrete. Then just click on the entity and you will get the details like this.
Step 3: Input the data as per the problem. The different stipulations for proportioning, data of sieve analysis of aggregates, data of chemical admixtures if applicable, and also the different test data for materials.
Step 4: Next just press the play symbol, to get the final output.
- The application will also let you know if you have entered incompatible combination of exposure condition and grade of concrete as per Indian standards correct it and again press the play symbol, to get the final output.
- Yes you will also get the complete calculation of the mix design. Just you have to go back from this final out put page to get the complete calculation.
- If you again go back then you will be directed to the input page. You can repeat the design using different problem.
We hope you understand the concept of design and how to set a parameter to create a design mix of M-50. Further, you can use CMD app to change the parameter and study the effect on design mix.
Concrete Mix Design
- Calculate cement, sand and aggregate quantity in concrete.
- Calculate the number of premix bags required for your project.
- Option to set your own size and rate of premix bags.
- Calculate the volume of concrete required for slabs, walls, footings and columns.
- Calculate the weight of ingredients required for preparing the calculated volume of concrete.